Fuel Up to Play 60, the healthy eating and physical activity program launched by the National Dairy Council®, local Dairy Councils and the National Football League, in collaboration with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), is helping to make healthy eating and physical activity a bigger part of the day at more than 70,000 schools across the country.
West Woods Elementary is excited to once again have a student team to help with the school’s Health and Wellness initiatives – and we need YOU! By becoming a leader on this team, you can make positive changes in our school by helping your classmates choose healthier eating options, increase physical activity and be ready to learn!
This year we will again use the Fuel up to Play 60 program as our guide and focus on two “plays”:
- FUEL UP: Food: Waste Less and Enjoy! It’s Good for All of Us
- PLAY 60: All in, All Abilities – Activate Your School!
Calendar of Events/Activities (tentative-subject to change):
- Oct 8: Host Smoothie Station at Run with the Wolves
- Oct 10: Start of Mileage Club at Lunch Recess
- Oct 10: National Walk to School Day
- Nov 1: Halloween Candy Exchange
- Feb/March: Jump Rope Club
- Mar 11-15: Rainbow Week
- April/May: Spring Pack the (bike)Rack Fridays
- May 8: National Bike to School Day
We will meet once per month on Thursday mornings, 7:30-8:05am in the LMC – Library.
Meeting dates are: Sept 20, Oct 11, Nov 8, Jan 10, Feb 21, March 14, April 11 and May 9.
Thank you for your support!
Elise McQuitty [email protected]
Jen Cannon [email protected]
Jordan Murphy [email protected]
Julie Gabler [email protected]
Kristy Petroff [email protected]
Marcia Guadagni [email protected]
Kyndra Ninesling [email protected]